So, this Top Ten Tuesday should be pretty easy… The topic is Ten Books You'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card. I mean, how full is fully loaded, amIRight? The hard part is narrowing it down to 10.
I actually buy far too many books. I don’t usually go to the book store with the intention of buying any particular book. I’m just a sucker for a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale and Barnes and Nobles. However, desipte the fact that I love to purchase books, I mostly read books from the library. Once I own a book, the likelihood of my reading it goes way down. Hence my #ClearAShelf challenge for this month (JOIN IT!).
I buy books purposefully for two reasons: I’ve already read it and I want a copy for myself or I’m trying to support an author or event. (I know that once again I am sort of cheating here because these are actually series, not single books… but it’s my blog and I’ll cheat if I want to!)
Books I’ve Read but Would Want My Own Special Precious Copies Of:
1. The Illustrated Sorcerer’s Stone (J.K. Rowling) Obviously.
2. The Raven Boys series (Maggie Stiefvater)
3. The Inkheart Trilogy (Cornelia Funke)
4. The Strangers in Paradise Harcover collection (Terry Moore)
5. The Locke and Key Hardcover collection (Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez)
6. The Unwind Series (Neal Shusterman)
7. The complete collection of The Wizard of Oz books (F.L.Baum)
Possible books I might buy because I anticipate liking them very much, and/or love their covers.
New to Me Books:
8. Cinder (Marissa Meyer)
9. The Paper Magician (Charlie Holmberg)
10. Love in the Time of Global Warming (Francesca Lia Block)
Oh. I'd also like a complete set of the Roald Dahl books... Now that I think about it, I might start collecting those right now.