This week's Broke and Bookish #TTT prompt is (WAS) Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR. This is hard for me mostly because I suck at planning my reading. I'm also not totally sure that I know when Spring is... but here's a go at it, anyway. Here are some upcoming reads that I'm excited about... or, at least, that I plan to read.
1. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski is the final book in a trilogy that consistently floored me. See my babblings about book one [here]. They are changing the covers of the books and I am going to be so pissed if I can't get the cover that matches my other ones. It's due to be published at the end of this month... Add looky, looky. I just ran across a sweepstakes to win things! Entered!
2. The Raven King by Maggie Steifvater: The fourth book in the Raven Boys series. This series is about a group of prep school boys and a girl who falls in with them on an epic search for a dead king. Or something like that. In the meantime, Blue's trying not to use her killer kiss on anyone. I love this series and am looking forward to reading this possible conclusion. Due to be published in April.One of the things I love about the series is the art work of Ms. Steifvater and of her fans.
3. Santa Muerta by Lucina Stone: This book was offered to me by someone who read my blog about monster killing girl bad asses (see that post here) and it sounds AWESOME!! It blends Mexican folklore (YES!!) with time travel (WHAA?!). I'm all about it. Expect a review.
4. Daybreak Rising by C.K. Oliver: The author was giving away eArc of this book. And you know how I feel about fee stuff. According to the description you've got a magical elemental- wielding girl with an emotional breakdown who has to get her shit together to save the world. There's no good cover art, yet, so here's a picture of a sun rising wallpaper!
5. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan: I've already checked this book out of the library because the author will be at the Rochester Teen Book Festival. The story sounds really fun, imaginary friends who are coming to life and a great mystery at the old manor house sort of thing. I'm not going to read any reviews before I read it (I DON'T DO THAT!) but here's one from a trusted source. (picture linked to source)
6. Halfway Bitten by Terry Maggert: A sequel to HAlfway Dead about a woman who is in search of something sinister in the woods and meets a hot vampire. It's actually much more serious than that and there are guts and stuff... but I don't want to bore you with my summary. Here's what I already had been done said!! (Picture linked to source)
7. Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray: I actually had this one checked out and then couldn't get to it before it was due back to the library. DAMN MY DAMNABLE SOUL!! I read the first one in January and really want to get to this. See what I had to say about the first one here.
8. Bearing Up by Eden Royce: I've read a collection of short stories by Ms. Royce and want to read something a little longer. This one sounds like a great cheesy smutty mess and I can't wait to hunker down with it.
9. Midnight Taxi Tango by D.J. Older: I'm still mad at him for the ending of the first one... so I'll just leave it at that
10. I just bought my ticket to see Matilda the Musical in April. So, I'm going to reread that as part of The Great 2016 Kidlit Reread.
Wow, this was harder than I thought... I should definitely try to draft some of these ahead of time... right after I cure cancer.