1. How often do you visit your local library?
I go the one library or another about twice a week. I work "from home" sometimes and I prefer the libary's desk top to my laptop situation at home. I usually peruse, at minimum, the new books shelves. Plus, I almost always have a book to return... if you count the times I return books through the book drop, without going in: I actually go about 4 times a week.
2. Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you know you can read or are you someone who only checks out the exact amount of books you intend on reading before they are due?
Heh. Well. I rarely return a book unread. But that's because you can renew a loan up to three times if no one is waiting for it, which gives me just over 60 days to read it. I usually have about 10 books checked out at any one time. That number has gotten as high as 30, but I TRY to avoid that level of ridiculousness. I also use the inter-library loan system A LOT and put timers on the requests to try and not get all the books at once, but...
3. How old were you when you got your first library card?
I have no idea. I remember going to the library as a very young elementary- school aged child. And I also frequented the school's library. I was the kind of kid who did school work quickly and then was allowed to read while waiting.
4. Do you go to your library looking for a particular book or do you check out anything that peaks your interest?
Both! Usually, if I'm looking for something in particular, I use the ILL system. But if I'm in the libary, I usually pick up something else, too. I'm kind of a sucker for a pretty/ interesting cover. My TBR list is completely unrelated to anything I'm reading. I've created a 911 Goodreads shelf for books that I really want to look into more quickly. But I never actually look at that shelf.
5. Do you use your library to check out just books or do you also check out dvds, audiobooks etc.?
I only check out books and bags to carry them in, when needed. I use my library card number for audiobooks on Overdrive, so I guess that counts?
6. From what section of your library do you check out a majority of your books? ( YA, middle grade, adult, nonfiction.)
YA, mostly. Definitely the best covers. And fiction.
7. What is your favorite part of using your local library?
The fact that across the library system I can usually find whatever I'm looking for. I can manage my library account online, which I also like. Plus, the people are super nice.
For the I Love Libraries Book Challenge, I read 8 books that were from the library in January. Obviously, this challenge is a Gimme- thing. I would think that I would read at least 50 library books this year...
Shout out to my favorite Monroe County Libraries and the librarians who always smile at me and never overtly look judgey when I take out too many books or have a library fine that is high enough to feed a small country. The pics below (linked) are my most frequented libraries because I live on the West side, with Ogden being MY library and the other three (Cates, Chili, and Greece) being my OTHER libraries. I go to Brighton and Winton Road sometimes, too, when I'm over that way! And the Central library is AMAZING.
Related Posts: January Book (mini) Reviews